Health & Safety
Able’s Health and safety objective is to minimise the number of instances of occupational accidents and illnesses and ultimately to achieve and accident-free workplace.
All employees are provided with such equipment, information. training and supervision as are necessary to implement the policy and achieve the stated objective.
Able recognise and accept their duty to protect the health and safety of all visitors to the company, including contractors and temporary workers, as well as any members of the public who might be affected by our operations.
Prior to commencing on site activities, the Project Manager will make sure that all employees attend site induction meetings and are aware of any site specific Health & Safety issues.
The Project Manager will also be responsible for submitting detailed Risk Assessments to the Main Contractor and copying these to Able’s Health & Safety Officer to ensure that all areas of risk, no matter how minor, have been identified and counter measures taken to nullify the risk.
What Able will ensure:
- Site Manager is responsible for overall safety
- All operatives are Health and Safety trained and carry CIS Cards
- Compulsory walk through of Risk assessment before commencing on site
- Weekly toolbox talks:
- Highlight any observed concerns on site
- Discuss any expected events in forthcoming week
- Focus on special topics
- Engineers strictly comply with site regulations
- Engineers are provided with suitable safety equipment as required, such as hard hats, high visibility jackets, safety goggles, gloves, boots and harnesses
Site Safety Services
Able use the services of Site Safety Services to assist with all aspects of their Health & Safety including site audits and advice on new legislation.
Site Safety Services are an independent safety management consultancy specialising in the demolition/dismantling, building, refurbishment and civil engineering sectors of the Construction Industry.
As well as providing services nationwide, Site Safety Services also provide safety management support services to UK companies working in the EU.
- Expert Witness
- Investigation training (Initial incident investigation training for on-site managers)
- On-site investigations (incident investigations generating report comprising commentary, conclusions and recommendations?
- Awareness Training
- CHIP Regulations (Briefings)
- COSHH Regulations (Assessments and guidance)
- CDM 2007 Co-ordinators
- Competent Persons
- Construction H&S Files and Plans
- Method Statements
- Policy Documents
- Risk Assessments
- Site visits
- Tender & Pre Qualification