Able are experts in designing and installing IPTV (Internet Protocol television) systems.
IPTV is a flexible and scalable way to distribute live TV, satellite and other video streams around a building with an existing data network.
Applicable to almost any building, including offices, hotels, sports centres and schools/colleges.
IPTV offers many advantages over traditional coaxial networks, including:
- Immediate access to live TV from any PC on the network.
- TV’s can simply be plugged in to any data point.
- No need for coaxial cabling.
- Excellent system scalability to almost any number of video sources and users.
- Integration of satellite, off air terrestrial and internal video streams into one integrated service.
- The provision of centralised TV services such as on-demand video, customisable EPG (electronic program guide) and digital signage.
Able is a Premier Partner of Exterity Building TV and can design and build a complete end to end Exterity IPTV system to meet the needs of your organisation.
IPTV will typically run over an organisation’s existing network equipment, although Able can also design and install additional network equipment dedicated to the IPTV system.
IPTV sources can include satellite channels, Terrestrial TV, in house DVD’s and recorded videos.
IPTV users can include any standard TV with a SCART/HDMI input as well as any PC on the network. Sources and Users may be SD (standard definition) or HD (High definition).
The system is completely scalable, therefore any user can stream the TV/video from any source. It is also centrally controllable from a single Windows application.